The purpose of The Colin Meyer Memorial Study Abroad Scholarship, a fund in memory of UNT student Colin Meyer, is to provide scholarship support to students participating in the UNT Faculty-Led: Tracing Darwin's Path: Chile Cape Horn Biosphere Reserve program. Prior to his passing, Colin was saving to go abroad prior to his and family and friends would like to make that trip a reality for students who may not have the means to go.
Number of Awards
Three (3) $250 awards will be made for the 2019-2020 Wintermester term.
To be eligible, you must:
All scholarships awarded are conditional upon your full participation in your study abroad program. If you withdraw from your program, for any reason (voluntary or involuntary), all awards will be revoked. If your award is revoked after funds have been disbursed to you, SAO will put a hold on your UNT student account for the amount of the scholarship.
- Be a UNT degree-seeking student (undergraduate or graduate) at time of application and will not graduate prior to program completion.
- Be enrolled full-time at UNT at time of application and for term of program (Spring) or are nearing completion of your degree program and do not need full-time enrollment.
- Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative UNT GPA at time of application and maintain it until your program start date.
- Be in good standing academically and with the Dean of Students Office.
- Participate in the UNT Faculty-Led: Tracing Darwin's Path: Chile Cape Horn Biosphere Reserve program.
- Have a current FAFSA on file at the time of application and be eligible to receive UNT financial aid; International students must demonstrate financial need by providing additional supporting documents on request.
Students who receive the award are asked to write a thank you letter to Meyer family highlighting the impact of the Tracing Darwin's Path: Chile Cape Horn Biosphere Reserve program experience and describing how the scholarship helped them. Students should also include at least one photo representing their experience abroad.
Application Opening/Closing Deadlines
||March 15, 5:00pm CST (U.S.)
||October 15, 11:59pm CST (U.S.)
||Second Week in December
Students will receive notification of their scholarship status (awarded or not awarded) via the UNT email address that is listed in his/her profile within the UNT Study Abroad portal.